Tuesday 13 November 2012

Filming and Editing


Filming Saturday 10th November 13, 2012 (Heidi Stevenson)


 The horror trailer was filmed at my house, to prepare for filming I rearranged 3 rooms to film scenes in.  Changing the layout of the bedroom to fit the brief of a little girl’s room.  I had to dress the scenes, my adding dolls, toys and boxes to make it look realistic and fit to the storyboard.

I set up the mise-en scene for filming by choosing location, props and costume.  We had arranged to use a vicar costume, however we could not get hold of this therefore I made a vicar costume using a black shirt and paper as a neck collar. A range of props were also required for the making of our product, we collected some old dolls and pulled them apart, I then painted the dolls with red and brown paint to make them look like they were covered in blood. We also used fake blood in the vicar scene in which I placed my foot in a mixture and printed it onto the floor, making it look like bloody footsteps.

I arranged the actors, location, time and date of filming, as I knew all actors used. I arranged the costume and props needed for each actor, including Sarah who had 3 costume changes and a range of props during filming.  As I was responsible for costume, I firstly chose a white dress during the first scene whilst she was dancing along to the television. This connotes innocence and purity during the scenes before ‘Sarah’ became possessed.  I also had a small acting role myself featuring me in the window of the house, playing the role of an evil presence. Along with prop and costume and setting the scene I took on the role of hair and makeup, backcombing the actresses hair and adding dark makeup under the eyes to create a spooky setting conventional of a horror trailer.

I also took care of aspects of mise-en-scene through technical effects, such as flicking the lights, thinking of ways to slam the door closed, and move the blind up and down to create a spooky effect. My role also involved talking through camera shots, movement and angles with Aston, making sure the actors were clear on the role and scene we was filming, and making sure the scenes shot were of a high quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment